A RECOGNIZED PRESENCE SINCE 1981
Created by and for the industry, Outaouais Tourism is a private, not-for-profit organization with a current membership of about 500 businesses, mostly small to medium enterprises working in the regional tourism industry and sharing a common objective: to promote the Outaouais region as a prime tourist destination!
A preferred contact and partner of the Quebec government in matters relating to tourism, Outaouais Tourism contributes to the region’s economic development by coordinating regional tourism plans and projects, visitor services, information, marketing and development. For more than 30 years we have worked closely with a top portfolio of tourism businesses, including accommodation, food and restaurant services, festivals and events, and various attractions and activities.
Part of Outaouais Tourism’s mandate is to facilitate a cohesive, unified approach to regional tourism marketing and development. With that in mind, our organization commissions and coordinates research studies and surveys in order to provide our members with useful information about current tourism industry markets, clienteles and trends.
Known as a leader in the Outaouais region’s tourism industry and as the region’s preferred tourism representative by Tourisme Québec, Outaouais Tourism plays a major role in the region’s economic development by being the prime leader in regional development, hospitality services, information, marketing and tourism development.
- Outaouais Tourism identifies itself and is recognized as a private, non-profit organization, preferred partner of the government of Québec in tourism, whose existence relies on the voluntary membership of businesses and organizations interested in welcoming tourists, in tourism development and in promoting the destination;
- Outaouais Tourism plans, coordinates and carries out, in partnership with its members, the destination’s tourism marketing to all business and leisure clienteles in identified markets;
- Outaouais Tourism, along with the region’s members and organizations, plays an active role in the regional planning, organization, coordination and promotion of the hospitality regional network;
- Outaouais Tourism runs the Maison Régionale du Tourisme;
- Outaouais Tourism takes an interest, on behalf of its members, in the region’s tourism development. As such, Outaouais Tourism strives to give the region a common vision of the entire territory’s tourism development by strategically planning tourism development in the Outaouais. Outaouais Tourism follows up on its strategic planning and ensures that it is carried out by all of the involved partners. It identifies, produces, participates in and coordinates studies, research and tools in order to improve its knowledge of markets, clienteles and global trends in the industry;
- Outaouais Tourism represents its members and makes recommendations on their behalf to government authorities, municipal corporations and other organizations.
Become a Member
For a minimal annual investment, you can get unparalleled visibility and take advantage of services and privileges reserved exclusively for members of Outaouais Tourism.
Being a member of Outaouais Tourism means:
- Joining a powerful organization whose goal is to make the Outaouais a complete and popular destination.
- Taking advantage of great visibility thanks to communication and promotional tools.
- Establishing professional relationships through networking activities.
- Positioning your business and reaching thousands of visitors.
- Actively contributing to the development of the region’s tourism industry by investing in the region’s promotion.
- Getting help and judicious advice from a competent team.
- Enjoying a wide array of exclusive services and many privileges.
Outaouais Tourism offers networking opportunities for members and partners in the tourism industry. Each year, a wide array of events is featured.
Tourisme Outaouais offers different marketing and social media trainings along the year.
There are currently no job offers.
Call for Tenders
There are currently no calls for tenders.
103 Laurier Street (QC) J8X 3V8
819-778-2222 / 1-800-265-7822
Téléc. : 819-778-7758
|Monday||8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||10 a.m. to 4 h p.m.|
|Sunday||10 a.m. to 4 h p.m.|
Being a Member
Services and privileges included in your membership
- Your own page on OUTAOUAIS TOURISM’S WEBSITE
A bilingual site optimised for all electronic devices, with a description, four photographs and a link to you company’s website. With close to two million pages viewed in the last year, it has become a must in planning a getaway in the Outaouais.
- An inscription in the annual TOURIST GUIDE
The best promotion and information tool. Every year, 210,000 French and English copies are published and distributed in a large distribution network.
- The distribution of you brochure in our two TOURIST INFORMATION OFFICES
La Maison du tourisme in Gatineau and the Montebello Train Station reply to countless requests by e-mail, by phone, and even in person. An average of over 80,000 visitors visit our offices each year.
- Our influence on SOCIAL MEDIA
A recognized and interactive presence several social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest.
- Coverage by SPECIALIZED MEDIA
Each year, our communications team generates media coverage worth over $3 million in public relations.
- Suscription to the « MENSUEL DE L’INDUSTRIE TOURISTIQUE DE L’OUTAOUAIS » (in French only)
An electronic newsletter to stay up to date with what’s happening in the tourism industry, here and abroad
- Access to OUTAOUAIS TOURISM’s EXTRANET
This section is reserved exclusively for members and allows to update your business’ profile, to download studies, statistics, reports and a list of regional media.
- The possibility to apply for the PANNEAUX BLEUS program, free of charge.
- FREE PUBLICATIONS for your visitors
Tourist Guides, regional maps, cycling map, snowmobile trails map and much more.
- Invitations to ACTIVITIES, SPECIAL EVENTS AND TRAINING WORKSHOPS
Outaouais Tourism organizes several events to encourage networking and mingling such as the Happening touristique de l’Outaouais, the Journées portes ouvertes de l’industrie touristique, training workshops, press conferences, Holiday Get-together, etc.
Thanks to a negotiating power that generates an important leverage effect, Outaouais Tourism organizes and financially supports large promotional campaigns. For an additional fee, you’ll be able to:
- Purchase advertising placements in several information tools such as the Official Tourist Guide, regional maps, the snowmobile trails map and the cycling map.
- Take part in our summer and/or winter promotional campaign.
- Improve your visibility on Outaouais Tourism’s website on a seasonal basis.
- Join the “Travel Professionals” and “Meetings and Conventions” marketing programs.
- Have your brochures distributed in Infotourist Centres throughout Québec.
Contact us for applicable rates.
Contact : Sophie Plante 819-778-2530 ext. 230