15 activities that need to be on your Holiday checklist
Well, here we are! The year is about to end and for many, that means a time off, lots of rest and good times with family and friends. For otheres though, it might mean running around like a headless chicken, finding last minute gift ideas, and trying to relax a bit.
Regardless of which category you fall into, we think this little checklist might come in handy as you search for the perfect Holidays with friends, family, or by yourself.
So here's what we had in mind for the Holidays:
- Go skating through the forest in the heart of Lac des loups! On your way back, warm up in a cozy little café in nearby Wakefield.
- Go skating at the new Old Chelsea Square and stop for a coffee or hot chocolate at Biscotti et cie. After that, go treat yourself to a splendid scented candle at Bougie Doozy Candle.
- See the DreamWorks exhibition at the Canadian Museum of History and be amazed. Be VERY amazed!
- Try to escape at Dossier 325 – Escape the room with your super team of sleuths.
- Spend a day in your pajamas playing games you rented at l’As des jeux, nibbling on local cheeses from la Trappe à fromage.
- With your snowshoes, reach the observation tower at Mont Morissette with a pit stop at the shelter. To celebrate your achievement, drop by La Binerie de Kazabazua, say hello to Sophonie and treat yourself to some of her legendary baked beans.
- Go tubing or tobogganing at parc des Montagnes noires de Ripon. After, discover the excellent pizza at Café du Bistrot in St-André-Avellin.
- Jump on your skis and go take picture of the superb Carbide-Willson ruins, in Gatineau Park.
- How about a nice evening ski trek to one of Gatineau Park's shelters to have a nice fondue with your favorite people?
- Tubing at Domaine de l’Ange-Gardien, followed by sleigh ride.
- Get yourself some herbal tea at Maison de thé Cha Yi and give your busy life some well needed chill, in your slippers, by the Christmaw tree.
- Go see the winter lightscape show projected on Parliament every night while chomping on a beavertail.
- Enjoy a great meal at Shawville's Café 349 before heading to the Festival of lights at Chutes Coulonge Adventure Park (Pssst! Santa's going to be there on December 23!).
- See the huge gingerbread house at Fairmont le Château Montebello, take a selfie with Bello, the resort's canine ambassador, and grab yourself a chocolatey treat from ChocoMotive next door.
- Take a selfie with a deer at Centre touristique du Lac-Simon in Duhamel. You can also go tubing, skiing, snowshoeing, ice fishing...
And there you go! We're sure these ideas will guarantee a relaxing holiday in our beautiful Outaouais. Keep in mind that we publish our "What to do this week" blog post every Thursday, so you'll always know what's happening.
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Take time for yourself; you deserve it!