Did you know that funding is available for your tourism development projects? Several funding programs are offered to tourism organizations and businesses to help them develop and implement innovative and structuring concepts for the industry. Depending on project scope and requirements, three funding program tiers are available:
- Provincial programs administered by Quebec’s Ministère du Tourisme;
- The Outaouais Region Tourism Development Program (ORTDP), administered jointly by the Ministère du Tourisme and Outaouais Tourism;
- The Festivals, Events and Small Attractions Support Program, created by Outaouais Tourism to round out the funding offer.
Outaouais Region Tourism Development Program (ORTDP) 2017–2020
Created through a partnership between the Ministère du Tourisme (MTO) and Outaouais Tourism, the Outaouais Region Tourism Development Program (ORDTP) has been renewed for another three-year term, 2017–2020. The ORDTP reflects the shared objective of the MTO and Outaouais Tourism: to help local and regional tourism partners and businesses develop and implement tourism development projects aligned with the regional priorities identified in the MTO’s Plan de développement de l’industrie touristique du Québec 2012-2020 and in Outaouais Tourism’s strategic plan.
Outaouais Tourism accepts applications throughout the year. However, applications will be reviewed according to the following schedule:
- For a September 2017 reply, the application deadline is Monday, July 14, 2017.
- For a February 2018 reply, the application deadline is Monday, November 13, 2017.
- For a June 2018 reply, the application deadline is Monday, April 9, 2018.
- For a February 2019 reply, the application deadline is Monday, November 12, 2018.
- For a June 2019 reply, the application deadline is Monday, April 8, 2019.
- For a February 2020 reply, the application deadline is Monday, November 11, 2019.
How to Apply
Complete the ORTDP 2017–2020 Funding Application form and email it, together with any required supporting documents, to email@example.com.
For More Information
For more information, please consult the official program webpage or contact Mona Francoeur, Strategic Development Consultant, Outaouais Tourism, by telephone at 819-778-2530 ext. 220, or by email.
Festivals, Events and Small Attractions Support Program 2017–2020
Actively involved in the community, Outaouais Tourism is proud to support local tourism organizations and businesses by investing a total of $150,000 ($50,000 per year) over the three-year period 2017–2020. A maximum of $5,000 per project will be available in the form of a non-refundable grant. The funding can be used to cover intangible expenses (customer surveys, for example) or products and/or services required for a major project.
- For events taking place in summer 2017, the application deadline is July 14, 2017.
- For events taking place in winter 2017–18, applications must be submitted between May 1 and October 31, 2017.
- For events taking place in summer 2018, applications must be submitted between November 1, 2017, and April 30, 2018.
*** Additional applications may be considered depending on available funding.
How to Apply
Email your application form together with any required supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outaouais Tourism will render a decision within 30 days of receipt of your completed application.
Provincial Programs Administered by the Ministère du Tourisme du Québec
The Ministère du Tourisme du Québec offers several project development funding programs.