A Partnership Aimed at Enticing Residents of France to Visit Canada's Capital Region
A First for Outaouais Tourism and Ottawa Tourism
Gatineau, March 12, 2018 - Today and tomorrow, March 13, two delegates from Outaouais Tourism will be representing Canada’s Capital Region in Paris at the Événement Signature Québec Original, organized by the Alliance de l’industrie touristique du Québec. This mission will contribute to the promotion of the tourism industry both nationally and internationally.
Outaouais Tourism and Ottawa Tourism have been working together for a number of years. But this is a first! Canada's Capital Region will be showcased at a sales event using joint promotional tools, including a leaflet highlighting things to do on both sides of the river.
In a nutshell:
- Two-day event in Paris - March 12 and 13, 2018
- Meeting with the media (print, Web, bloggers, TV, radio, production companies) to officially launch the 2018 Québec Original corporate campaign
- Meeting with French tour operators
- Client evening highlighting six key experiences in Quebec
- Special focus on nature and culture through the three founding peoples
- The Region's top attractions, partners with both organizations, are taking part in this joint initiative.
“We’re really proud that Ottawa Tourism has put its trust in us to represent and promote the entire region during this Paris mission”.
Geneviève Dumas, Chair, Outaouais Tourism Board of Directors.
“It’s truly motivating to see how much progress is being made in the partnership between Ottawa Tourism and Outaouais Tourism and how it's resulting in concrete steps to help present Canada’s Capital Region as a region without borders”.
Michael Crockatt, President & CEO, Ottawa Tourism
- 30 -