A RECOGNIZED PRESENCE SINCE 1981
Created by and for the industry, Outaouais Tourism is a private, not-for-profit organization with a current membership of about 500 businesses, mostly small to medium enterprises working in the regional tourism industry and sharing a common objective: to promote the Outaouais region as a prime tourist destination!
A preferred contact and partner of the Quebec government in matters relating to tourism, Outaouais Tourism contributes to the region’s economic development by coordinating regional tourism plans and projects, visitor services, information, marketing and development. For more than 30 years we have worked closely with a top portfolio of tourism businesses, including accommodation, food and restaurant services, festivals and events, and various attractions and activities.
Part of Outaouais Tourism’s mandate is to facilitate a cohesive, unified approach to regional tourism marketing and development. With that in mind, our organization commissions and coordinates research studies and surveys in order to provide our members with useful information about current tourism industry markets, clienteles and trends.
Our tourism industry is a driving force of the regional economy, generating more than $316 million annually in tourism spending in the Gatineau Ottawa territory and helping to maintain some 18,000 jobs throughout the region. For more information about Outaouais Tourism and our local tourism industry, please consult our corporate brochure (available in French only).
Known as a leader in the Outaouais region’s tourism industry and as the region’s preferred tourism representative by Tourisme Québec, Outaouais Tourism plays a major role in the region’s economic development by being the prime leader in regional development, hospitality services, information, marketing and tourism development.
- Outaouais Tourism identifies itself and is recognized as a private, non-profit organization, preferred partner of the government of Québec in tourism, whose existence relies on the voluntary membership of businesses and organizations interested in welcoming tourists, in tourism development and in promoting the destination;
- Outaouais Tourism plans, coordinates and carries out, in partnership with its members, the destination’s tourism marketing to all business and leisure clienteles in identified markets;
- Outaouais Tourism, along with the region’s members and organizations, plays an active role in the regional planning, organization, coordination and promotion of the hospitality regional network;
- Outaouais Tourism runs the Maison Régionale du Tourisme;
- Outaouais Tourism takes an interest, on behalf of its members, in the region’s tourism development. As such, Outaouais Tourism strives to give the region a common vision of the entire territory’s tourism development by strategically planning tourism development in the Outaouais. Outaouais Tourism follows up on its strategic planning and ensures that it is carried out by all of the involved partners. It identifies, produces, participates in and coordinates studies, research and tools in order to improve its knowledge of markets, clienteles and global trends in the industry;
- Outaouais Tourism represents its members and makes recommendations on their behalf to government authorities, municipal corporations and other organizations.
Become a Member
For a minimal annual investment, you can get unparalleled visibility and take advantage of services and privileges reserved exclusively for members of Outaouais Tourism.
Being a member of Outaouais Tourism means:
- Joining a powerful organization whose goal is to make the Outaouais a complete and popular destination.
- Taking advantage of great visibility thanks to communication and promotional tools.
- Establishing professional relationships through networking activities.
- Positioning your business and reaching thousands of visitors.
- Actively contributing to the development of the region’s tourism industry by investing in the region’s promotion.
- Getting help and judicious advice from a competent team.
- Enjoying a wide array of exclusive services and many privileges.
Outaouais Tourism offers networking opportunities for members and partners in the tourism industry. Each year, a wide array of events is featured.
Tourisme Outaouais offers different marketing and social media trainings along the year.
There are currently no job offers.
Call for Tenders
There are currently no calls for tenders.