THE OUTAOUAIS IS...
- More than 30,000 km2, 20,000 lakes and a dozen rivers!
- Gatineau, the 4th largest city in Quebec!
- Gatineau-Ottawa, the 4th largest metropolitan area in Canada!
- More than 800 km of recreational bike paths, in the city and in the countryside!
- 150 golf courses within a 100-km radius of Gatineau-Ottawa!
- 3 aerial parks and 2 Vie Ferrate!
- 1 of Quebec’s four casinos and one of the province’s four restaurants to earn the CAA-AAA Five Diamond rating!
- 1 power generating station in the heart of the city of Gatineau!
- An impressive variety of tourism products—just minutes apart!
Canada is a country of vast distances and year-round beauty, which means visitors often don’t have time to see everything they’d like to. Our destination is ideal, with its compact area and diversified, four-season offer of city and country attractions, from national museums to agritourism routes to international festivals. Whether you crave an urban, cultural, family or outdoor getaway, the Outaouais is sure to delight you!
- A gateway to the province of Quebec and Warm Quebec hospitality … right next door to Canada’s capital!
A warm and heartfelt Québécois welcome awaits you, just a bridge-length from Ottawa. With its enviable location in the Toronto-Montreal-Quebec travel corridor, the Outaouais region is easily accessible by car, bus, train or plane, making it an ideal destination for all types of tours and itineraries.
- A year-round program of events and exhibitions!
Outaouais and the National Capital Region are home to an exciting variety of more than 100 events and festivals each year, including:
Tulip Festival / Ottawa Tamarack Race Weekend / Gatineau Beerfest / Amnesia Rockfest / Canada Day in the Capital / Northern Lights sound and light show on Parliament Hill / Casino du Lac-Leamy Sound of Light international fireworks competition / Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival / Fall Rhapsody in Gatineau Park / Christmas Lights Across Canada / WInterlude and the Snowflake Kingdom / Gatineau Loppet ... And many more!