Your fall bucket list : 50 things to do in the Outaouais this autumn!
The trees are turning from yellow to orange, pumpkin spice is everywhere, and the cooler temperatures are prompting us to slow down. Autumn brings a multitude of flavours, interesting activities and comforting moments. Snuggle into your wool sweater and make the most of this colourful season with our fall bucket list! Here are suggestions for 50 activities to try at your own pace.
Your fall bucket list
50 ACTIVITIES TO ENJOY IN THE OUTAOUAIS
2. Tour an exhibition of paintings and sculptures at the Symposium Gatineau en couleurs art show and sale.
3. Admire the fall colours in Mont Morissette Regional Park.
4. Stock up on chocolates and candy for Halloween.
5. Try to find your way through the giant maze at Éco des champs.
7. Mix yourself an Espresso Martini with coffee liqueur from Artist in Residence Distillerie.
8. Pick your own decorative pumpkin at Les Jardins Deschamps.
9. Inhale the heady aroma of the Outaouais’ cozy cafés.
10. Pick apples, squash and pumpkins at Potager Eardley agritourism farm.
11. Plan your Halloween costume at Champboisé de L’Ange-Gardien.
12. Spend the night in a converted school bus at Le Salon des Inconnus – Maison Favier.
13. Put on your #OutaouaisFun Collection sweatshirt and get outside in the fresh air.
14. Meet 20 local artists and artisans on the Artists in their Environment studio tour.
15. (Re)discover the Laflèche Cave, the largest visited cave in the Canadian Shield.
16. Say hello to the ghosts at the Mackenzie King Estate.
17. Play virtual escape games at the VR82 Modern Arcade.
18. Explore the most beautiful mountain bike trails in the Outaouais.
19. Combine apple picking and cider tasting at Verger Merleau orchard and cider house.
20. Book a relaxing hot stone massage at Kōena Spa.
21. Quench your thirst for knowledge at one of the region’s many museums.
22. Pet and feed the donkeys at Flâneuse artisan soap factory, and stock up on natural care products.
23. Admire the stunning fall colours throughout the National Capital Region during the NCC Fall Rhapsody.
24. Take a pottery lesson at La Shed Qui Tourne workshop and studio.
25. Treat yourself to some raisin and cinnamon bread from Maison Oddo.
26. Discover the wild beauty of one of the trails managed by the PERO – Pôle d’excellence en récréotourisme en Outaouais.
27. Take a virtual tour of the main Parliament building with Parliament: The Immersive Experience exhibition and multimedia show.
28. Have fun with your children on the slides at Le Rond-point milieu de jeux.
29. Warm up by the campfire at the Air-Eau-Bois outdoor centre.
30. Enjoy fresh house-made pasta at Caméline.
31. Stay in a ready to camp unit and scale the climbing tower at Kenauk Nature.
32. Sip delicious wines in the century-old barn at Domaine de Pontiac Village.
33. Refresh your mind and body with an aerial yoga class at Espace Hygie.
34. Take a self-guided walking tour of historic Wakefield village at the Fairbairn House Heritage Centre.
35. Defy gravity on a mountain pipe coaster at Camp Fortune.
38. Enjoy a wine and cheese evening featuring fresh products from the Fromagerie Montebello.
39. Through the picture windows of one of the new suites at Parc Omega, observe bears and wolves living together.
40. Sip a hot chai tea latte at Café Dowtown.
41. Relax with a Källa treatment in the saltwater floating pool at Nordik Spa-Nature.
43. Book a hunting trip with an outfitter at the Baskatong Reservoir.
44. Book a tour with Outaouais en cavale for a tailor-made autumn road trip.
45. Treat yourself to a facial at Amerispa Spa Nordique Cantley.
46. Challenge yourself on the 600-metre via ferrata at Chutes Coulonge Adventure Park.
49. Take advantage of the last of the fine weather to play a round of golf at the Fairmont Le Château Montebello Golf Club.
50. Subscribe to the Outaouais Tourism newsletter for more activity suggestions.
You’re all set for a colourful, mellow autumn in the Outaouais! Tick off the items on your fall bucket list and make the most of this beautiful season with friends and family.
For more ideas on what to do in the Outaouais, check out our tour routes.