Your bucket list for the best winter ever!
This winter, we challenge you to try as many of the activities on this list as possible! So don’t delay: with your sweetie or bestie, go adventuring and tick the boxes next to these 40 activities for all tastes and budgets.
Your winter bucket list
40 activities to try this winter in the Outaouais
- Experience the Russian treatment at Nordik Spa-Nature. It involves flogging and vodka!
- Discover the Festival of Lights at Coulonge Falls Park.
- Take a break in one of the region’s charming cafés.
- Ski or snowshoe* to one of the shelters in Gatineau Park and cook your supper by candlelight on one of the wood stoves.
- Visit 3 museums in 3 days.
- Go on a photo safari at Parc Oméga.
- Indulge your sweet tooth at the Wakefield Confectionery, and chat with the owners, Marc and Sylvie!
- Sample exotic teas at the Cha Yi Tea House.
- Go ice climbing at Kenauk Nature (a new activity in the region).
- Visit the Habitude Design boutique specializing in Canadian products.
- Bask in a tropical setting surrounded by hundreds of living butterflies.
- Relax at one of the region’s 7 spas.
- Go for an exhilarating dogsled ride.
- Play a selection of the best board games and enjoy the bistro fare at Pärlé – Bistro Ludique.
- Dig into a fondue at Meule et Caquelon.
- Go for a skate on the Rideau Canal Skateway* and reward yourself with a BeaverTail pastry.
- Snowshoe* to the summit of Mount Morissette and take in the breathtaking views. Don’t forget to bring a thermos of hot chocolate!
- Raise a glass at Soif – Bar à vin and chat with world-renowned sommelière Véronique Rivest.
- Meet at the Ciné+, the only movie theatre in North America that screens movies in 2D and 3D.
- Visit the Rochef Chocolatier Inc. chocolate shop at 81 Jean-Proulx Street, and take home the ingredients for a decadent chocolate fondue! 😉
- Go on a tour of the region’s microbreweries.
- After a hearty breakfast or lunch at Café Cognac, go for a skate* on Brewery Creek.
- Discover the shops along Principale Street in Old Aylmer, with its rich cultural offering.
- Visit Khewa art gallery and boutique and discover works by Indigenous artists. While you’re there, be sure to introduce yourself to the owner, Nathalie Coutou!
- Visit Artist in Residence for an artisanal spirit tasting. Available by appointment.
- Explore Maniwaki, spend some time outdoors on skis or snowshoes,* and enjoy a truly superb burger at the Resto Pub Le Rabaska.
- Enjoy a poutine (or anything else on the menu) from the BBQ Shop.
- Go on a road trip to Montebello and drop by the Brasseurs de Montebello brewpub for a beer and a chat with Alain, the master brewer.
- Venture deep underground in the Laflèche Cave and admire the impressive ice stalagmites.
- Go bar-hopping in Old Hull.
- Make your way to Parliament Hill and be dazzled by Christmas Lights Across Canada, nightly until January 7.
- Skate* through the forest in the heart of Lac des Loups.
- Go for brunch at the Fairmont Le Château Montebello and stay for a round of curling.
- Rediscover the joy of childhood with a tube sliding session.
- Try out SkiHok at the Air-Eau-Bois outdoor sports base.
- Spend a relaxing Sunday evening sipping a drink and playing board games at Ou Quoi Urban Lounge.
- Try your hand at ice fishing at Kenauk Nature. They provide all the equipment, plus an experienced guide.
- Visit Duhamel and enjoy a snowshoe excursion* among hundreds of deer.
- (Re)discover some of the region’s top restaurants.
- Learn about the history of the Pontiac and enjoy a beer at L’Ancienne Banque, a popular brewpub housed in a former bank building.
* If you don’t have your own winter sports equipment, you can rent it at Sport échange Outaouais.
Feel free to share your adventures in the comments or on Instagram with the keyword #Outaouaisfun. We can’t wait to read all about it!