Nature à Table Event
|What||Nature à Table Event|
|Where||Bryson Lake Lodge, Pontiac, Québec|
|When||Saturday, June 4, 2022|
|Contact||Mathieu Diotte, email@example.com|
Taking place on the magnificent forested grounds of Bryson Lake Lodge, the day-long event is intended to celebrate the culinary culture of the Outaouais, and more specifically the products of gathering, hunting and fishing.
Through a series of activities, participants will be invited to sample certain local products and learn about the culinary wealth of the territory. The schedule for the day is as follows:
- Walleye, pike and lake trout fishing;
- Workshop 1: How to fillet your catch and prepare your fish, and learn different cooking techniques (led by Denis Lebrun, Bryson Lake Lodge);
- Workshop 2: Recognizing and picking edible plants to complement a meal (leader to be confirmed);
- Discover and taste a Quebec cocktail (led by Nadia Dufour, Terroir et Saveur);
- Four-course dinner;
- Workshop 3: Stargazing (leader to be confirmed).
At the event, the Brauwerk Hoffman microbrewery will launch a new local beer that will be available at Workshop 1 and at dinner. It will be a white beer with notes of pine.
The dinner will be the highlight of the event. We are looking for a talented chef who values cooking with local ingredients and celebrating nature in all its richness. We are aiming for a simple menu with fish as the main ingredient. Tasty, original and balanced are the keywords.
Travel to Bryson Lake Lodge to work as the guest chef for the Nature à Table event on Saturday, June 4, 2022.
- Create a four-course menu featuring Quebec fish and other local products.
- Lead a workshop (approximately 1 hour) on gathering edible plants in the forest.
- Cook a four-course meal for 25 to 30 guests.
- Help with event setup and takedown.
ELEMENTS TO BE INCLUDED
Your proposal must include the following:
- Why you would be the right chef for this event.
- Some examples of menus you have created.
- Your rate for the entire assignment.
- A detailed breakdown of the budget required (itemizing amounts required for ingredients,* travel, your time,** etc.).
- You must indicate if you are able to provide the dishes, cutlery, glasses and everything else needed to serve your dishes.
*The fish will be provided on site.
**Overnight accommodation will be provided for the night of June 4 (following the dinner).
You must submit your proposal to Mathieu Diotte (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 20, 2022.
We will get back to you with a positive or negative answer within 5 working days of receiving your proposal.