COVID-19 : Current Information
Last update: February 22, 2021
Due to COVID-19, some accommodations, attractions, and activities listed on our website could be closed or cancelled. While planning your visit please call ahead to ensure that they are open and offering services.
Alert level for Outaouais:
Level 3 – Alert (Orange), sanitary measures in effect for the following territories:
- Ville de Gatineau
- MRC des Collines-de-l‘Outaouais
- MRC Pontiac
- MRC Papineau
- MRC de la Vallée-de-la-Gatineau
Level 3 – Alert introduces new measures that target specific sectors of activity and settings where the risk of transmission is deemed higher. These sectors and settings will be subject to selective restrictions, prohibitions and closures.
Inter-regional travel is not recommended (except for essential travel, students, workers, shared custody, freight transportation).
Learn more about these restrictions from the Gouvernement du Québec.
Tourism Information Offices
Due to the current situation, our tourist information offices in Gatineau and Montebello are closed to the public for an indefinite period. Our team will be happy to answer your questions by email, phone, or chat.
This situation is changing on an almost daily basis. If you have a question about a specific attraction or if you can still do an activity, do not hesitate to call us, or drop us a line by email or chat.
Wearing a mask or face covering
Wearing a mask or face covering that covers the nose and mouth is mandatory in enclosed or partially enclosed public places for people age 10 and over. This measure includes businesses, stores, grocery stores, pharmacies, shopping centres, cinemas, theatres, common areas of establishments and office buildings and public transit. Please refer to the Gouvernement du Québec website for details.
Recommendations for travellers
- If you are showing COVID-19-related symptoms, stay home and take care of your health. You are worried or have questions, you can contact 811 or visit the Gouvernement du Québec
- Directly contact officials at the sites you want to visit to make sure that they are open and make reservations in advance.
- If you have questions related to tourist activities, please refer to the Gouvernement du Québec
For additional COVID-19 related information, visit the following websites:
- Information on COVID-19 in Outaouais
- Instructions for travellers during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Ville de Gatineau: COVID-19
- NCC (National Capital Commission)
- STO Public Transit (Société de transport de l’Outaouais)
- Via Rail Canada
- Gouvernement du Québec
- Q&A (Gouvernement du Québec)
- Ottawa Tourism
- Ottawa Public Health
- Government of Canada