COVID-19: Current Information
Last update: July 6, 2022
Due to COVID-19, some accommodations, attractions, and activities listed on our website could be closed or cancelled. While planning your visit please call ahead to ensure that they are open and offering services.
COVID-19 vaccination passport
The vaccination passport is no longer required in Quebec. However, presenting a proof of vaccination remains mandatory, according to federal government requirements, for travel within and outside Canada, by train, plane or cruise ship. For more details, see the COVID-19: Proof of vaccination in Canada page on the Government of Canada website.
Instructions for travellers heading to Québec
People travelling to Québec must show photo ID and proof issued by their country or Canadian province that they have had two doses of one of the following recognized vaccines:
- AstraZeneca Vaxzevria
- Johnson & Johnson Janssen (1 dose)
- Moderna Spikevax
- Novavax Nuvaxovid
- Pfizer-BioNTech Comirnaty
- Medicago Covifenz
Measures in place
Visit the Gouvernement du Québec website for details regarding the measures currently in place.
Wearing a mask or face covering
Wearing a mask in several enclosed or partially enclosed public places is no longer mandatory. The obligation is maintained at healthcare facilities.
Wearing a mask remains recommended for vulnerable people and older adults. Please refer to the Gouvernement du Québec website for details.
Recommendations for travellers
- If you are showing COVID-19-related symptoms, stay home and take care of your health. You are worried or have questions, you can call 811 or visit the Gouvernement du Québec.
- Directly contact officials at the sites you want to visit to make sure that they are open and make reservations in advance.
Travelling to Canada
All fully vaccinated travellers, with limited exceptions, whether entering Canada by air, land, rail or marine vessel, must use ArriveCAN to provide mandatory travel information before and after your entry into Canada.
Tourism Information Offices
Our Tourist Information Centres in Gatineau and Montebello are now open to the public in compliance with public health guidelines.
This situation is changing on an almost daily basis. If you have a question about a specific attraction or if you can still do an activity, do not hesitate to call us, or drop us a line by email or chat.
For additional COVID-19 related information, visit the following websites:
- Information on COVID-19 in Outaouais
- Instructions for travellers during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Ville de Gatineau: COVID-19
- NCC (National Capital Commission)
- STO Public Transit (Société de transport de l’Outaouais)
- VIA Rail Canada
- Gouvernement du Québec
- Ottawa Tourism
- Ottawa Public Health
- Government of Canada